The Toy Factory is committed to protecting the privacy of all individuals who visit The Toy Factory’s website found at www.toy-factory.ca (the Site)and who use the services found on the website.
This policy covers the treatment of personally identifiable information (Personal Information) gathered by The Toy Factory when users are using or accessing the site. The Toy Factory is committed to collecting, using and disclosing Personal Information provided to us in compliance with all applicable federal and provincial privacy laws in Canada (Privacy Legislation).
- What is Personal Information?
Federal privacy legislation, the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA), applies to personal information about an identifiable individual but does not include name, title, business address, and business phone number used for business purposes.
- Personal Information Collected Through Website
A visitor to the Site does not automatically provide The Toy Factory with Personal Information. However, The Toy Factory web server may collect and retain certain information related to a computer’s visit to the Site such as the IP address and domain used to access the Site, the type and version of the browser used to access the Site, the date and time of the visit, the page that the Site was entered and exited by; and, the address of any referrer website if the visiting computer was referred to the Site by a search engine or other website. The Toy Factory automatically collects and receives information from your computer or mobile device, including type of hardware, information obtained by cookies, and traffic data to better understand user needs, diagnose problems, analyze trends, provide services, better understand and market to our customers and improve the features we offer.
The Toy Factory also makes use of non-identifiable information gathered for statistical purposes to keep track of the number of visits to the Site pages with a view to introducing improvements and improve usability of our services and products.
The Site uses Google Analytics to record the IP addresses of computers that connect to the Site. Google Analytics uses these addresses to generate geographically related statistics which assist The Toy Factory with the administration of the Site. The Toy Factory does not attempt to link the IP addresses of the computers that have visited the Site with the identities of individuals.
More information regarding Google Analytics can be found at https://www.google.com/intl/en/analytics/privacyoverview.html.
Your IP address and other relevant non-identifiable information may be used in order to trace any fraudulent or criminal activity.
- Linking to Third Party Websites
The Site may contain links to third-party websites. These links are provided solely as a convenience to visitors to the Site and not as an endorsement by The Toy Factory of the contents of such third-party sites. The Toy Factory disclaims all responsibility for the privacy practices, policies, or other privacy related matters associated with the third-party websites to which the Site is linked.
The Toy Factory recommends that visitors who link to third-party websites through the Site thoroughly review the privacy policies of those third-party websites prior to providing personal information.
- When Does The Toy Factory Collect, Use and Disclose Personal Information?
The Toy Factory collects Personal Information submitted by visitors to the Site through the Contact portion of the Site.
This Personal Information is used by The Toy Factory to establish or manage its relationship with visitors to the Site, to respond to the queries of visitors and to facilitate receipt of The Toy Factory products, information and services. The Toy Factory restricts the collection of personal information to that which is necessary for the identified purposes.
Newsletter (also referred to as the Customer Appreciation Program)
The Toy Factory collects Personal Information submitted by visitors to the Site through the Newsletter (also referred to as the Customer Appreciation Program) portion of the Site.
This Personal Information is used by the Toy Factory to provide visitors to the site who opt in with exclusive discounts and special offers by-email. Visitors may opt out of receiving theses communications at any time.
Registration and Logged In Users
When you first register for an account with The Toy Factory,we collect some personal information about you such as:
- your name, username, and email address,
- your password, in connection with your account and your log-in facility,
- the geographic area where you use your computer and mobile devices,
- a unique The Toy Factory user ID (an alphanumeric string) which is assigned to you upon registration, and
- other optional information as part of your account profile.
When creating an account, we collect your credit card or PayPal information, billing address and other information as may be required to complete a commercial transaction on our site.
As a registered user of The Toy Factory we may collect information we may receive relating to communications you send us, such as feedback concerning our services.
The Toy Factory uses the collected information for the following general purposes:
- to identify you when you log in to your account,
- to enable us to provide services and products to you,
- to verify transactions you make and for billing, security, and for authentication,
- to analyze the Website, or the other Services and information about our visitors, including research into our user demographics and user behaviour in order to improve our content and services,
- to contact you about your account and provide support,
- to share aggregate (non-identifiable) statistics about our users to prospective partners, and
- to keep you informed of information about our services we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us, provided you have indicated you would like to be contacted for these purposes.
- Providing Consent
By providing Personal Information to The Toy Factory through the Contact link on the website, through the Newsletter (also known as the Customer Appreciation Program) or by signing up for an account, your consent to The Toy Factory using that Personal Information for the identified purposes is implied by Privacy Legislation.
When We May Share Personal Information
- when you explicitly consent to the disclosure of such information to a third party when connecting to a third-party service that asks you if you consent to such sharing;
- where we are legally required to do so, such as in response to court orders or legal process, or to establish, protect, or exercise our legal rights or to defend against legal claims or demands; or
- if we believe it is necessary in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the rights, property, or personal safety of any person.